Monday, March 20, 2017

Malo Aupito Of a Atu (friends) 3-20-17

Malo e leilei!!!

Transfers are this week, so that means next week I will be somewhere around New Zealand other than here in the VC. I am getting excited, nervous, and anxious. I have seriously LOVED my time here in Hamilton it has been such a tender mercy to basically stay in one place for a whole year. It really helped me overcome being homesick because I was able to create family here, and now I have to leave them... It was incredible to see people full circle. I literally saw Alan re-enter the temple and do baptisms this week, I saw Craige get baptized, receive the Melchizedek priesthood, and also help (be in the circle) to give Atawhai the Holy Ghost. I feel SO grateful. We had a VC Sisters fireside last night, and it was incredible, as I looked around at these 10 sisters whom I have come to love from all around the world I think of how perfect Heavenly Fathers timing is, and the blessing it has been at the exact moments I need to be to be with those who he needs me to be with. I WILL MISS HAMILTON, and it will forever hold a dear dear place in my heart, these people are like our Saviour, they embody his example perfectly. I love it here!

We went to the gas station the other day and while waiting in line to pay, I got this distinct prompting to say hello to the person behind me, I thought about it for a minute, and then decided to follow it. I turned around and he said "Oh are you missionaries?" We said yes and he said he was inactive member and that His whole family was active, we told him that the Lord knows him, and that he is aware of him. We kept talking to him, and then we asked if we could have his address to come visit, and HE GAVE IT TO US!! I am so grateful that we followed that prompting, even though it could have been so simple to ignore. 

One thing that has been on my mind a lot lately is diligence, I know that even though sometimes we try our best we will have to allow Gods will. I know that as each of you continue to do our best the Lord really will bless us, BUT he does require us to work. I LOVE YOU EACH.

"God left the world unfinished for man to work his skill upon. He left the electricity in the clouds, the oil in the Earth. He left rivers unabridged and forests unfilled and the cities unbuilt. God gives man the challenge of raw materials, not the ease of finished things. He leaves pictures, unpainted, the music unsung, and the problems unsolved, that man might know the joys and glories of creation." -President Hinckley

Arohanui,
Sister Maddie DeLoach 




































No comments:

Post a Comment