Monday, March 20, 2017

Malo Aupito Ofa Atu Hamilton 3-20-17

Transfers are this week, so that means next week I will be somewhere around New Zealand other than here in the VC. I am getting excited, nervous, and anxious. I have seriously LOVED my time here in Hamilton it has been such a tender mercy to basically stay in one place for a whole year. It really helped me overcome being homesick because I was able to create family here, and now I have to leave them... It was incredible to see people full circle. I literally saw Alan re-enter the temple and do baptisms this week, I saw Craige get baptized, receive the Melchizedek priesthood, and also help (be in the circle) to give Atawhai the Holy Ghost. I feel SO grateful. We had a VC Sisters fireside last night, and it was incredible, as I looked around at these 10 sisters whom I have come to love from all around the world I think of how perfect Heavenly Fathers timing is, and the blessing it has been at the exact moments I need to be to be with those who he needs me to be with. I WILL MISS HAMILTON, and it will forever hold a dear dear place in my heart, these people are like our Saviour, they embody his example perfectly. I love it here!

We had another lesson with our Investigator Lachey, and she is progressing SO well. She honestly has the choicest spirit, I kid you not, this girl is going places. She 14 and she seriously just gets it. After the lesson she asked if she could read us what she wrote in her journal after we left last time, of course we said yes, and she read the most beautiful message. Something I have been praying about lately is WHY the Lord needed me here, and I know as Elder Renlund said I have the right and obligation to know so I have been praying so hard. This little 14 year old girl read in her journal, "when I see the Sisters and hear their message I know what they share is true, I hope the sister know that they are supposed to be here, that they have changed my life forever, and that they are such examples of Jesus Christ." We just sat there with tears in our eyes, that this 14 year old girl could simply answer our prayers, PROOF that the Lord knows us, he knows who we are, and he will use those close to us to answer our prayers! 

We went to the gas station the other day and while waiting in line to pay, I got this distinct prompting to say hello to the person behind me, I thought about it for a minute, and then decided to follow it. I turned around and he said "Oh are you missionaries?" We said yes and he said he was inactive member and that His whole family was active, we told him that the Lord knows him, and that he is aware of him. We kept talking to him, and then we asked if we could have his address to come visit, and HE GAVE IT TO US!! I am so grateful that we followed that prompting, even though it could have been so simple to ignore. 

Yesterday at the Fireside, I was asked to speak on diligence. We were each assigned a Christlike Attribute, and one thing I shared that I wanted to share with each of you was my experience for trying out for USU. I had been so diligent in practicing, I practiced every single day, because it was something I wanted, yet I learned that being diligent, we still cannot impose our will upon the Lords. I know that even though sometimes we do all that we can do, the Lord has different plans for us. Don't you quit, I know that he too has plans for you!! I know that as we strive to be diligent every single day we can more fully align our will with his. I love you each so much, please send extra prayers my way this week, it will be full of change, but I trust the Lord, and know that he will not give me something that I cannot handle. I LOVE YOU!!! 

Hey I am so sorry I hardly have anytime this week but I just wanted to send you a few photos, and a quick experience, I will have more time next week:) 

We had another lesson with our Investigator Lachey, and she is progressing SO well. She honestly has the choicest spirit, I kid you not, this girl is going places. She 14 and she seriously just gets it. After the lesson she asked if she could read us what she wrote in her journal after we left last time, of course we said yes, and she read the most beautiful message. Something I have been praying about lately is WHY the Lord needed me here, and I know as Elder Renlund said I have the right and obligation to know so I have been praying so hard. This little 14 year old girl read in her journal, "when I see the Sisters and hear their message I know what they share is true, I hope the sister know that they are supposed to be here, that they have changed my life forever, and that they are such examples of Jesus Christ." We just sat there with tears in our eyes, that this 14 year old girl could simply answer our prayers, PROOF that the Lord knows us, he knows who we are, and he will use those close to us to answer our prayers! We  then went to the gas station the other day and while waiting in line to pay, I got this distinct prompting to say hello to the person behind me, I thought about it for a minute, and then decided to follow it. I turned around and he said "Oh are you missionaries?" We said yes and he said he was inactive member and that His whole family was active, we told him that the Lord knows him, and that he is aware of him. We kept talking to him, and then we asked if we could have his address to come visit, and HE GAVE IT TO US!! I am so grateful that we followed that prompting, even though it could have been so simple to ignore. 
 
so grateful for the spirit it would be impossible without it. I hope that you know how incredible the lord thinks you are and I hope you had the best week, cannot wait to hear about your experiences!!!

Arohanui,
Sister DeLoach 

No comments:

Post a Comment