Monday, March 27, 2017

In the Ghetto... 3-26-17

Hello family!!!!! TRANSFERS actually happened. I am called to serve in the Papakura Stake (south auckland) Red Hill ward, and I am assigned to be a Sister Training Leader, and my companion is a cute, nice, humble, obedient Filipino sister named Sister Ticong. She just finished her 12 week training so she is pretty new and soooo keen on doing the work. We will work great together!!! It was SO hard leaving Sister Kafoa, the Visitors Centre, and the MANY people in Hamilton. I left a part of my heart there, and it will always stay there. It was really hard as I boarded a bus by myself and saw everyone I loved, and everything I loved in the distance, I know I am supposed to be here though!! This area has had dodgy missionaries in the past and the members are less than enthusiastic to work with us, so for now we know that our purpose is to gain the trust of the members. Already we have seen so many miracles. This area hasn't had a baptism or investigators to church in several months, and yesterday we had 3 investigators there, it was UNREAL. 

My first official day of working was Friday and we went hard out. We saw sooo many people, and first investigator we saw was named Leonie. Leonie in the past allowed her children to learn, but was never interested herself. We went on Friday, opened with an opening prayer, and then right after the opening prayer, she said "I would like to get married this weekend, and baptized soon, I know that this church is true." WHATTTT!!!!!!!!!!!  Long story short she had a crazy experience that this is the true church, she has a brain tumor and is getting surgery April 4th, and she is getting married Saturday by Bishop and she and her 2 children will get baptized April 15. WE LEFT IN SHOCK. Oh ye (or me) of little faith... It's sooo crazy you always hear of experiences like that happening to others but never expect it to happen to you. Sister Ticong was sooo excited she was sobbing because she had never in her 12 weeks invited someone to be baptized, she just kept thank me for letting her invite someone, she is seriously so cute.. Leonie, and her 5 children (3 are under 8) came to church, and it was amazing. Her kids are a little crazy so it was quite hecktic, but nonetheless, SHE CAME!!!! 

We were going to meet an investigator the other day, but came upon this woman mowing her lawn while walking there, she was CRACK UP. We asked if we could help, she said no. But she talked with us for a while, she reminded me so much of mom. She said that the area she lives, we shouldn't ever go around there at night time, but she told us every single night she stands outside because she wants to get attacked because she knows she could beat people up. HAHAH I swear mom has said those exact same words. She was so nice, and it was weird, she like didn't want us to leave, she really felt the spirit while we were there. 

It's interesting, every day Sister Ticong does and hour of language study and I am her "english tutor" it's hilarious. She is such a humble, worker. She is sooo nice, and I am so grateful to have another great companion. She said to me, "Sister DeLoach I love to be exactly obedient, because I know that Heavenly Father wants to bless us, and when we are exactly obedient, he does bless us." After the lesson with Leonie, she said "I know Heavenly Father answers prayers, I have been fasting for Leonie every fast sunday and sometimes during the week because I love her." I learned sooo many lessons with her, and I am constantly learning patience with English not being her first language. I love her innocence, her testimony and her love for the Saviour. I want to become more like her. 

I am so grateful to be in a new area, I am slowly coming to love it, and I know that the Lord is ALREADY blessing us so much for our exact obedience, I hope that we will each allow the Lord to bless us by being obedient. I know that I couldn't have made it this far without each of you, we are on the downward slope, and I love and cannot wait to see you all again..

Arohanui,
Sister Maddie DeLoach 














No comments:

Post a Comment