Monday, January 9, 2017

What a WEEK 1-8-17

This week was exhausting!!! BUT really great. I can finally say that when you hang on through hard times the Lord truly will bless you. This week Sister Kafoa and I were MIRACULOUSLY able to set FOUR of our investigators with a baptismal date. It was absolutely crazy. Three of them happened in one day, and I have NEVER been more exhausted. I have really never been so physically, and spiritually drained. 

We have Atawahi Tumai getting baptized on January 20, and her Dad IS going to baptize her!!!! They are seriously so amazing, and I love them so much. They are a family that means so much to me. I believe they are one of the main reasons I am called to serve in the Sunnyhills Ward. Craziest thing, Brother Tumai growing up was BEST friends with Craige Williams. When Craige found out we were the missionaries helping Bro Tumai, he just got tears in His eyes, and said he knew I wasn't only here for him, but his friends too. It is crazy the places Heavenly Father places us. 

This week we had a crazy man come on chat who asked us to call Him. We called him and he said he wanted to know more about why the curse of dark skin was given, and when the curse was lifted. We gave him the best answers that we could but we honestly didn't know much to give him, so we told him that we would study that question and call him back. I  felt quite sad after we talked because I felt like he was trying to shake my testimony of everything that I had ever known. Well, we studied our little tails off and we both received some AMAZING revelation and answers. We did get our question answered. We went to call him back and he NEVER answered, but it was a testimony to me, when we have questions about the gospel, or questions about anything if we Honesty put in the time to study and seek for the answers and pray until we can't pray anymore, that the Lord will help us. He will inspire our minds. I am so grateful for this experience, that I had to study for someone else, yet to learn SO much in return. I do know that this gospel is true. I feel like this week, so many people or different things tried to shake my testimony but I ultimately realized that when we have our foundation built on Jesus Christ, nothing can shake us. 

I was asked by my District Leader, Elder Winter to do a 45-60 min training at District Meeting tomorrow on Charity. I have no idea why he asked me.. It's been a humbling thing to study and to think of those in my life who have shown me so much Charity and my mind keeps thinking of my family. Charity to me is doing something for someone who can do nothing for you in return. You have all done things for me that I can never fully repay you for. In the Bible Dictionary it says under Charity that it is the highest or most noblest kindd of love a person can have. Thank you for all that you have all done for me.  I have been humbled of reading about our Saviors Charity, but also what I wanted to focus on was seeing charity in ourselves. I invite you each to write down your name on a paper, and on the back have someone you are around, husband or wife or kids, or girlfriend to write what they love about you, or Christlike attributes they see in you. I know as you do this, you will see the gifts others see in you, and pretty soon you will see them in you. :) I love you so much family. I am loving my mission, it's seriously the hardest thing I have ever done, somedays I feel like I might die, but I never do... haha! Sister Kafoa and I made eggplant the other day and we also got coconuts from a Tongan family in our ward!! HAHA I love my mission, I have some weird experiences, but I know I will love them forever. 

I LOVE AND MISS YOU!!!
 “Obedience is not so much the process of bending, twisting and pounding our souls INTO something we are not. Instead it is the process by which we DISCOVER what we are truly made of.” 

Arohanui,
Sister Maddie DeLoach 

p.s.. SHE RIDED ON A DONKEY (watch the childrens bible video -The birth of Jesus- you'll know what I am talking about)
“Obedience is not so much the process of bending, twisting and pounding our souls INTO something we are not. Instead it is the process by which we DISCOVER what we are truly made of.” 

Elder Peterson took these photos on His camera during Christmas Lights, NO edit. New Zealand is STUNNING!!!! You should all move here ;)











No comments:

Post a Comment