Monday, January 30, 2017

FAMILY!!!! 1-29-17

Another great week!! This week was interesting!! Sister Kafoa and I had a lot of different experineces!! 

This week it FINALLY feels like summer, and when everyone says you instantly get burnt when you walk outside, they were right!! Haha I learned that the hard way, but it was gone the next day anyways :( Yay for tan lines!! 

This week we had two full days back to back in our area, and they were both AMAZING!!! One thing is so hard is our Ward Mission Leader is MIA, he doesn't want to help us at all so we are basically having to use the resources we have to run the missionary work, and the ward doing missionary work also. It got so bad and hard that we are starting to do MCM with the Bishop, hopefully Bishop see's that it's a hassel to not have a dedicated Ward mission Leader and calls someone new.

This past week I had a crazy experience. At the beginning of my mission, Sister Gurney and I were street contacting and met  a girl named Tilly, she was only 15. We got her info, but she lived in Sunnyhills so we sent it to the missionaries there. Not sure they ever did anything with it. Well this past week about 7 months later, we were planning, and I had the strongest voice in my head say "Tilly- 6 Gwendolin Place" It wouldn't go away so I told Sister Kafoa that I have no idea if that is her address, but I feel we should go. I knew that I wrote it down about 7 months ago, but there was NO way possible, that I remembered that. The spirit literally brought back to my remembrance her name and address. ONE PERSON IS THAT IMPORTANT. Anyways, we went to see, AND SHE LIVES THERE!!!! She was SO interested, and she said that she has really been reading a lot about Jesus Christ lately, we offered her a Book of Mormon, and she said she has ALWAYS wanted one to learn more about Jesus Christ, she said we should come back in a few days when her WHOLE family is there because she said they would all love our message.... WELL it gets better. On Sunday, we went to church, and this lady in our ward came up to us and said "Sister I have had the strongest impressions lately, multiple times that I need to have you over and that I need to invite our family friends for a FHE." I have no idea why but I felt to ask Sister Smith if she knew Tilly. I said Sister Smith would you happen to know a Tilly? and she said "Tilly Pihama?" I said YES!! she said "SISTER DELOACH THAT IS THE FAMILY I AM TALKING ABOUT!!!" Wow. What a tender mercy, what a special experience to have, and especially being able to share that with a member. It's incredible what the spirit can do!!! 

I know that the spirit will bring things to your remembrance also, I know that he loves and cares about each of you. Lately I have found it hard. I feel like it's hard to progress spiritually and physically here, today I decided to read Alma 26, it always gives me hope. Something that stood out to me in the very beginning is how Ammon and them counted their blessings. Sometimes life gets hard, sometimes we feel we aren't progressing, we are almost numb and standing still, but today as I wrote a list of things I am grateful for, the peace came once again into my heart. I know as each you make a list of blessings you see in your life, you too can feel that peace come into your heart.
 I invite you each to read the words to the hymn "Count your many blessings" a few words I love from that are:
When upon life's billows you are tempest-tossed when you are discouraged thinking all is lost, count your many blessings name them one by one, and it will surprise you what the lord has done.
Are you ever burdened with a load of care, does the cross seem heavy you are called to bear? Count your many blessings every doubt will fly and you will be singing as the days go by.
When you look at other with their lands and gold, think that Christ has promised you his weath untold, count your many blessings Money cannot buy, your reward in heaven nor your home on high. 
So amid the conflict whether great or small, DO NOT BE DISCOURAGED GOD IS OVERALL!!! Count your many blessings angels will attend help and comfort give you to your journeys end.

I LOVE  you all so much. I hope that these words help and inspire you to be grateful wherever you are in life, and I hope and pray that I may continue to count my many blessings, and continue to share them with others. I believe it's a miracle that Heavenly Father allows such person as me to be here in New Zealand at the front line of His Army. I am so grateful and forever indebted to Him. I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

Arohanui,
Sister Maddie DeLoach 









No comments:

Post a Comment