Monday, January 23, 2017

WHANAU 1-22-17

Kia Ora Whanau!!! What a wonderful week! This week started off with having a lesson with Luke on Monday night. Luke is the minister of the Protestant church, and he is "interested" in learning more. He told us he prayed and received revelation that the Book of Mormon is true, unfortunately he hasn't even been reading it. We had such an AMAZING lesson with him, Sister Kafoa and I really felt the spirit lead the lesson and we kept asking some BOLD questions, but it was perfect. One question we shared with him that we felt inspired to was "If you know that your church is true, why do you have desires to learn more about the Mormon faith?" He couldn't answer and we were then able to testify of the truthfulness of the gospel. It's so true though, so many people are searching, but as members of the church, we don't need to search, we truly have the full truth. 

This week we went to contact a referral, and when we left his house, instead of walking to our car, we kept walking the completely other way. We weren't sure why but we both felt like we needed to. We walked by this house and sister kafoa looked at it, and I felt too like we needed to go there. We went and knocked so excited, and NO one answered, not a soul... We decided to keep walking anyways, ran into a man with a dog, he didn't want to talk, and so we decided to KEEP going. We walked down a little further and looked over and through a house, through the window a man was waving us down. Not just a friendly wave, like waving like he knew us. We ran over and he just moved in, he is African American, he went to school in England, and then in Dubai, and now lives here. We asked if he knew who we were and he said he had no idea, we asked why he was waving at us, and he said I just felt like I needed to. It was CRAZY!!! He literally is so interested, he invited us back another day, and we are so excited to meet him again!! So grateful that sometimes the spirit tests us to see if we are listening, we HAD to knock on that house to show the Lord we were in tune, and then he led us to where he really needed us to be. I know the spirit really does lead and guide us. 

ATAWHAI GOT BAPTIZED. It was the most spiritual experience I have had. It was unreal. She was literally glowing and could have been celestialized I think. She looked like an angel, and she was sooo touched by the spirit. She bore her sweet testimony while sobbing and said "I love Jesus, I love the Sister missionaries, I love my primary class (then named them one by one hahahah) I loved being baptized I was so happy. It was so special, her Dad stood up and bore his testimony and said "Atawhai, not only did you get baptized, but you literally saved your family, your decision brought your family back to church, you saved us." It was so special. Smallest world. Craige from my last area is BFF's with Atawahis Dad, so Craige was in the Melchizedek Priesthood circle that gave her the Holy Ghost, what a tender mercy to see that sight. I asked Atawhai how she felt when she was baptized, and she just touched her heart, and said this warmest feeling, all she could do was cry and touch her heart. 

We had the best Zone Conference with Elder Cardon. He really is so amazing. The spirit is so strong around him. It was quite intense, he looked at us all in the face, and said "The Lord loves each of you, BUT REPENT." WOAHHHHH... haha it was quite intense, he told us about how we are authorized to share the gospel, but not authorized to change it. We are called here to preach repentance. I think that is something I really need to work on, I feel as though I try my best to make all people feel the Saviors love for them, but sometimes miss the opportunity to share with them, that even though he loves us and is ALWAYS there for us, he does get displeased with us when we sin. I think sometimes we think that repentance is an option when in reality it's not. It's the only way we can truly live with heavenly father again. I want to share with each of you how much your Heavenly Father truly does love you, I also want you to know that he expects of you to repent, and return to what you once knew. I know he loves you regardless of the decisions you make, but in saying that, don't let his Atonement be in vain. USE IT. He already suffered, you don't need to, turn to him and I promise he will heal you. 

I just want to leave my testimony that I know that this church is true. I know that it is only through my Savior Jesus Christ that I have been able to overcome my trials, my sins and temptations. I still have so much to work on and repent of, but I am trying my best daily to become more like him and to show my love more fully for my Savior. I am eternally grateful for the spirit and the guidance it gives us. Sometimes we wonder "was it me, or was it the spirit?" stop worrying and just act on the good feelings and promptings you receive. I testify that the Lord, the Savior of the world he does know you by name, and he did think you worthy of his blood. He knows your struggles, your silent pleadings, your thoughts, and most importantly your heart. I LOVE YOU more than words, and I want to be with you all for ETERNITY. I miss you so much, but I know we can each try every day to be a little better so that we might truly be together forever. I love you and leave these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. 


AROHANUI,
Sister Maddie DeLoach 

No comments:

Post a Comment