Monday, August 7, 2017

Whanau!!! 8-6-17

Hello family!! NEXT WEEK I WILL EMAIL ON TUESDAY, we are doing a temple p-day. :) So please do not think I deserted you if I do not email on Monday. This week was BEAUTIFUL. Had the most unique experience ever, we had MLC (missionary leadership council) and Sister Gurney is a Sister Training Leader, and SO is Sister Kafoa. It was an incredible experience to be there with the two sisters that I was privileged to train. I felt so grateful that the Lord had allowed me that experience before I go home. It was amazing, and I felt like more than anything they taught me way more than I could have ever taught them.

This week there was a Sister struggling, and I sat down to talk with her, as I sat there, I felt prompted to say out loud, "there is a scripture that I would like to share"... I then thought oh no, haha I will just open my scriptures and allow the spirit to guide, I opened my scriptures, just looking at her, and I literally felt something stop my hand and I read the first scripture I looked at, but I didn't feel that was all so I read the one underneath it too, I looked up at this sister, and she was crying, and she said, "how did you know?" I asked what she meant, and she said, "Sister DeLoach, those are my favorite two scriptures." I was then able to testify of the love the Saviour has for each of us, and that he truly knew her, and he just guided me to where I needed to be because of the love he has for her. It was truly and amazing experience, and it helped us to grow so much. 
D&C 88:67-68
67 And if your eye be single to my glory, your whole bodies shall be filled with light, and there shall be no darkness in you; and that body which is filled with light comprehendeth all things.

68 Therefore, sanctify yourselves that your minds become single to God, and the days will come that you shall see him; for he will unveil his face unto you, and it shall be in his own time, and in his own way, and according to his own will.

This week we had a man named Ray Wihongi come into the Visitors Centre, he is Ratena faith, which is a Maori religion, kinda similar to our beliefs, created by an ex-mormon. He was SO nice, he told us that His mom passed away in January, and he hasn't been to church since then, but that he has felt prompted the last few weeks to come to the visitors centre. We told him there is a reason why he felt that way, and we began to teach him the restoration, half way through teaching him we felt like he really needed to see this video called, "Gods Plan", it outlines the plan god has created for his children, he watched it and when we came in afterwards he was sobbing, he was so touched by the spirit. He gave us his referral, and we went to send it to the locals, and realized the address, and it was IN OUR AREA!!! We were so excited, and promised him that night we would bring a bible to him, we went later to contact him, and there was a huge fence, we contemplated jumping over it, but thought that might be inappropriate in our skirts.. hahah we decided we would try the next day, right as we left, Sister Gurney from the Visitors Centre called and said, "did you teach a man name ray today because he is back, and has watched Gods plan 3 times." We quickly drove out there, and we were able to teach him the plan of salvation also, and he told us, as soon as he left earlier, he longed for the feelings he felt earlier, and he had to come back, he said that NOW is the time he is ready to change, and he asked US if he could be baptized, we set Him for the end of August, and the spirit was so STRONG! Heavenly Father had nourished this curious soul, and when he felt that, he instantly knew it was true, I truly believe anyone that sincerely wants to know truth can receive it, and I know it's through feelings of the Holy Ghost. We incited him to church, and it was 9, we texted him, and he said, "Sorry I am at the Visitors Centre, I love it here, be there soon." HAHAH we waited for him, and he came. It was a beautiful Sunday, and I know Heavenly Father really prepared him. :) 

I know that Heavenly Father does hear and answer our prayers, I had a unique experience fasting this week, and I truly did feel the love that my Earthy family and parents, and friends have for me, It has sustained me in times of need, and I have felt prayers when I most needed them, I feel forever grateful for the support and love you all have shown me, I love you so much, and I hope it's a great week for you. YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!
Until you can say "I AM MY MASTER"
You cannot say "I AM THY SERVANT"

Arohanui,
Sister DeLoach








No comments:

Post a Comment