Monday, August 21, 2017

HELLO (friends) 8-10-17

We had an amazing Zone Conference this week, and I felt like it was SO inspired. President and Sister Cummings really are amazing. They teach so simply that everyone learns something, and I love that. I think it takes a special person to teach so simply. It was about recognizing the Holy Ghost and also about Persistence. I learned that "that which we persist at doing becomes easier, not that the thing became different but our ability increased." I feel exactly like this with my mission, I don't think honestly that it got any easier that it was at the beginning,  I just believe that the Lord blessed me with the ability to grow, and to be strengthened. He also spoke about believing in Christ, and believing Christ. I know that we all believe in His teachings, but I wonder if we actually believe HIM. I think it's a great question to ask ourselves. 

We had exchanges this week and it was incredible. EVERY plan we had fell through, and it was pouring rain, so we decided to go tracting. We saw this huge building complex that looks like 4th floor last door, and we decided that is where we needed to tract, we literally had a similar experience, it was incredible, the first house the lady screamed at us to "GET LOST".. haha we just walked away laughing, but we kept going. The next few houses no one was home, until the last home. The last home the lady opened and without seeing who we were said, "come in". We walked in and were able to testify of God and Jesus Christ to her, she was a beautiful woman who already believes in God, and we were able to help her realized that truly he sent us to her that day. We have an appointment next week with she and her husband and we are really excited to meet them. After leaving her home we were walking to the car, and I literally felt the spirit say, "Turn around, house 2." Another huge building complex, and I said "Sister Tauhiro, we need to go to house 2." We went and this prepared Maori lady opened her door, it was dinner time so we only spoke for a little but she invited us back, it was absolutely incredible and the spirit confirmed to me that was right because I listened to the still small voice. We were definitely led by the spirit, and not knowing before had where we should go. :) 

We had interviews this week with President, and he is amazing. He and Sister Cummings both interview each of us, and he helps me so much. I feel that he truly is like the Saviour, when I sit across from Him, I feel an immense love, as If I were sitting with the Saviour. I know that is how the Saviour would treat each of us, with love and with peace. We had an experience of this man waiting for his brother to be sealed, he waited in here, because he wasn't a member. He had so many questions, so we taught him the restoration, and after he was in tears, and said, "when I leave here today, I am changing my life, I am going to meet with the missionaries and get baptized." we were all quite emotional, as it was amazing to see how the SIMPLE truths of the gospel helped to cure a curious mind that could find no answers. I testify that we can learn and learn and learn,but if we never apply our learning will be in vein. I love you each so much, and hope you know just how much you mean to me. I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arohanui,
Sister DeLoach 







No comments:

Post a Comment