Tuesday, August 15, 2017

It's not about ME! 8-14-17

Hello family!! Crazy crazy week, YET full of beautiful moments. We had a great time in the temple today, a very special person to us got sealed to her husband, and it was really amazing to be there, and see the significance of that ordinance. We spent 6 hours in the temple, and we were able to learn a lot, and also ponder on a lot of questions we each had. This week was spiritually draining, BUT no other way I would rather be drained, haha.

We had a lesson with Vicki and Kevin, and Noah and Zaid, they are the family that is set for baptism next week, and we fasted with them that her divorce papers might come through in time(from her last relationship so they can be married and then baptized), we got word this week that they won't and Vicki was going to go ahead with the baptism, we sat down as a family, and discussed this, and came to the conclusion, that even if it takes a few extra weeks, near the end of September, that being married and then baptized as a family is the most important thing to do, as we left, Sister Smith and I felt so much peace, we looked at each other and said, "don't you feel like a huge weight is lifted off our shoulders? that is definitely the right thing to do." As I sat an pondered that night, that I won't be here to see this family I really love enter into the waters of baptism, the spirit kindly reminded me, "Sister DeLoach, it's not about you." I am so thankful that my mission isn't about me, I am truly in the seed planting business, but the Lords timing will always pull through in HIS way. I feel at peace knowing I have helped them the best I can, and will continue to do so until the day I leave, I love them so much. We got word from her yesterday after fasting that her papers MIGHT be back in time, and if they are then YAY, and if they aren't then YAY! Whatever will be will be. :)

We had the CRAZIEST lesson with Marcia, it was amazing, and after the prayer, she opened her eyes crying, and looked at me pointed at me and said, "it's you, the first day I met you, I knew it was you. It's you." The second she said that I literally saw her not as Marcia, but I saw her as someone that I knew before, and I saw a friend that I promised to come and find, and it was me, and it was her. The spirit was so strong between us, it almost felt like seeing someone you haven't seen in 20 years, but promised to find. I FOUND MY FRIEND. I felt anguish of soul the next day when she texted us and said that her family says if we come over again, they will disown her. She felt so saddened but said she isn't ready to lose her family, so if we will never come over again. I felt so sad, I literally felt like I lost a sister, for a while I felt like I was a curse to this area, but then I realized that finding your friend doesn't always mean you will bring them to the gospel, maybe you were just someone along their path, it still brings pain to my soul, BUT I know she will be baptized someday, she is truly so special to me.

We went to see a less active family this week, the Haira's. They never let us in, but she opened the door and said, "Come in", she said she didn't know how Heavenly Father does it, but every time she is struggling we seem to come, we were able to share with her about the forgiving power, and loving power of our Saviour. I truly have come to love the line in the song Lord I would Follow Thee that says, "Who am I to judge another when I walk imperfectly." I truly see this daily, I have found more joy in helping the struggling sinner, than in the beautiful day to day life. I am forever grateful for sinners, who like me want to keep trying, truly that is what it's all about, not how many times we fall, but how many times we stand up from falling, I do see the Saviours mercy, as I am able to love people who think he doesn't love them, I TESTIFY TO YOU ALL, He loves YOU. Exactly how you are today, he truly does love you!!! 

We were able to attend our Zone Leaders baptism this week for a guy named Charles Borrell, he is like a 40 year old Maori man, and His twin brother baptized him, after the baptism, they stood in the water for about 5 min, and wept and hugged each other, in that moment I felt what it truly will be like someday to be will all those that we love, that is how the Saviour will hug us, that is how he will greet each of us, it was a beautiful moment. I love you each so much, please know that I pray for you in detail every day and love you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arohanui,
Sister DeLoach 







No comments:

Post a Comment