Monday, July 17, 2017

FAMILY 7-16-17

Another week, AH CRAZY. This week went SO fast, I had strep throat and the flu, and they MADE me stay inside for a few days, and it was SOOO boring. It made the week seem really fast though. I was quite angry I felt like everyone was taking away my agency, because I really did feel fine, but then they shared this analogy or story with me, "There were 3 men who were in a race to cut down tree's two went as fast as they could, and one took the time to sharpen his ax, when the race nearly ended he cut faster, and quicker than both because he had the sharper ax." It sounds silly, but I guess it helped me realize that to fulfill my calling I also need to take care of my body, that houses my spirit. I am feeling heaps better this week, and I am finally able to teach/ talk to others again!

This week we spent 9 hrs proselyting online because we couldn't be outside, and we had the CRAZIEST experience. There was a man who came on that was a "Christian Theological Man" and was really into His studies of Christianity. He asked us to explain the fall of Adam and Eve, and so we did, he then said, "I had a dream last night and the Lord explained the fall to me, and it was explained exactly the way that you two sisters explained that now.. I have never ever heard the fall described how you two just did, besides in my dream, I know that this is the true Christian Church." He then gave us his address, we were able to send the local missionaries, and it was seriously such a crazy experience, to be used as the hands of the Lord to someone that truly was seeking the truth. 

I had a really beautiful sacred experience this week, I was quite down about a few things, and being sick being one, and I just felt so disconnected from Heavenly Father, I prayed that I might feel his love and connection again, and that I may be able to overcome this trial, and learn what he would have me learn, I gave one of the most sincere prayers, and as I prayed, I literally saw the words, in my head "D&C 58:2" I immediatley ended my prayer, and ran to grab my scriptures, and I turned to this verse,  2 For verily I say unto you, blessed is he that keepeth my commandments, whether in life or in death; and he that is faithful in tribulation, the reward of the same is greater in the kingdom of heaven.
I know truly that Heavenly Father is aware of us, and our every trial, I learned a beautiful lesson this day, and I know that he truly is aware of the circumstances we each find ourselves in, he loves us, we are HIS children, and he wants to help us. 

Ryan is progressing so well, we had an amazing lesson with this week, and His whole countenance has seriously changed, he is amazing, we are truly seeing the light of Christ resinate with someone who is so hungry for the gospel, it's such a blessing to be able to teach him, we love him so much, after our lesson we were talking about how great of a missionary he would be, he would be the best. We felt so grateful, yesterday 6 of our investigators came to church, and for us that was a huge miracle, seeing that is truly showing their faith, and desire to learn more. We are having a wonderful time here in the Frankton Ward, and are continuing to see miracles daily. 

I love you so much family, I am so grateful for the beauty of the gospel and the opportunity we have to have a heavenly father who really does want to hear from us, I know he loves you, I LOVE YOU, and I cannot believe I get to see you so soon. KIA KAHA!! I LOVE YOU!

Arohanui,
Sister DeLoach




No comments:

Post a Comment