Tuesday, May 23, 2017

MY WHANAU! 5-21-17

Hello family!!! How are you all doing? This week is FREEZING!!!! It's Winter here in NZ, and I have definitely acclimatized to becoming a Kiwi plus you all think I have the craziest accent, haha wait till you get here!! I am frozen, haha but I do know that Utah is much colder!! This week Sister Ticong and I were both sick for a few days, so we weren't able to go out for a day or so, but it was really a blessing that we were both sick so that one person didn't have to be bored out of their mind!! 

We had such a unique experience the other day, we found a Fijian Indian family, and they were so kind to us. They not only invited us in, but they asked us to come and say a prayer with them. As we went in, we literally like jumped into the house, it's very rare that we get invited in haha, especially for non-members. We asked them why they invited us in, and they said how they felt around us. It truly was such a blessing to hear someone vocalize the spirit that we can so easily forget that we carry as members of the church. We had a very sad experience with a member in the ward who is splitting from her 20+ years of marriage, and from her husband, we just sat and cried with her, and then she looked at us, staring us in the face, and said, "Don't you ever forget the spirit that you carry, don't you ever underestimate the actual power, and hope that you take into others homes, I could not make it through this if I could not feel that immense power the second you two talk in the home." I truly know that we each carry that immense spirit, we each carry the love of our Saviour Jesus Christ, and we truly have no idea how it could effect someone. 

Something that has really been on my mind is a talk called "Latter Day Saints Keep on Trying" It's by Elder Renlund, and I hope that each of you can read it. Specifically one part in there a phrase from Hamlet, and he says, we can look back on our lives and truly think, "Twas I; but Tis not I" How big of a blessing it is that we can look back on our lives, after we have accepted, and followed Jesus Christ, and say, "That is who I was, but that is NOT who I am." I do know for sure that Heavenly Father cares a lot more about who we are becoming, than who we once were. I know that His Atonement is real, I didn't come on my mission hoping to baptize heaps of people, I didn't come out here expecting to have the best 18 months of my life, but I did come out here knowing that I have felt my Saviors love, and forgiveness, and that I would have the ability to help others who feel imprisoned, or stuck to find hope, to find freedom, and to find happiness, to find Jesus Christ. I truly love this calling, that is why I think it's so important, because this gospel is freedom, this gospel is peace. I have seen it change the impossible, and I have seen it change me. 

I love you each so much, I hope that you know that. I am very grateful to be out here, and to be serving these amazing people here in NZ. I truly want you to know that the Atonement is for you, I have loved studying about Faith in Jesus Christ, and to me that is the problem we all have. So many people think the problem is Joseph Smith, or lack of doctrine, or too many rules, but truly as I come to understand having faith in our Savior I see that is the problem. I know that no matter what knowledge we feel we lack, or what more we would like to know, I promise you as you continue to build you faith more strongly in Jesus Christ, you will be able to know for yourself, I promise that it all boils down to where our faith is at. I know that as we each strive to grow our faith in Jesus Christ, we too can feel that immense love that comes from following, and doing as our Saviour would do. He doesn't wait for you to be perfect, he knows that we cannot be right now, but he hopes that we will try our very best so that we can have all those blessings that await us. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH.

Arohanui,
Sister Maddie DeLoach





No comments:

Post a Comment