Monday, May 15, 2017

I Love MUMS 5-14-17 (friends)

SO AMAZING to skype my family today, I LOVE and miss them so much. I hope each of you had a beautiful mothers day, and I hope that you are all doing well. TIME IS FLYING!!! 

We had a beautiful Family home evening with Teera and Karipwa (the Kiribati couple). It was amazing, I seriously love them so much. We were able to do the Restoration with her this week, and it was amazing, because her English isn't very good, yet it seemed like through the spirit she really understood what we were saying. She really began to understand a lot more about Joseph Smith, and she loved that he too had parents that were going to two different churches because she really felt like her children could relate to that. That is something I love, and often think people miss about the Restoration, Joseph Smith did not go to the grove of tree's to pray to become a prophet... He went to the grove of tree's to pray because he was humble and confused. He had two parents going to two different churches, and thought "If there is one God, why is there so many churches" He followed the council he received to pray and ask God, and he did so, and they told Him to join none of the churches, and in due time they restored, AUTHORITY to him, they didn't have him create a church, they didn't have him do anything other than prepare himself to hold correct authority. It's such a blessing when we truly understand the importance of that simple event, and as we to follow his example, all He did was pray, one boy and now there are 16 million living members of the church, one person really is important to Heavenly Father.

We had interviews with President this week, and he gave me some great advice. I asked him how I could become a better missionary,  really really love him, he is incredible. He gave me two things, he said to continue to set an example, and he also said to gain a testimony of EVERYTHING that I teach. For instance if I teach about Word of Wisdom, to study it out and strive to apply it in my life exactly, so that when I teach I teach with power and authority. I think this is such great advice for each of us in our lives, as we share our beliefs and strive to be good examples we too must be striving to live them. President Cummings in MLC shared a quote that has changed my life and it is, "Loving others more than God is inverting the first and second great commandments." We must love others, but we must never love others, or put their actions before loving and following God. 

I love you all, and I know as we continue to Love and put God first in our lives, that others in turn will love us so much more!! "It's better to be trusted; than loved." -David O. McKay

Arohanui,
Sister Maddie DeLoach 

No comments:

Post a Comment