Monday, May 29, 2017

15 Weeks (friends) 5-28-17

Hello everyone, I hope and pray you are all happy and well. I love you so much, and hope that you feel the spirit as I share some very special experiences with you!! I swear I am NOT trunky, time is just flying, and it's SO crazy to me. Please everyone move here so that I don't have to come home!

Yesterday before church we were visiting Investigators inviting them to church, we got the prompting to look on the ward list, when we went through about 20+ pages, this one name kept standing out, we decided we would go see this man. As we got to the house, we walked down this long as alley way, and saw this house near the back, right as we got to the door, literally about to knock, this man came out holding his chest, half bent over, we asked if he was Brother Bains, he said no, but he said, "I just called a taxi, I am having a heart attack, I have so much pressure in my heart, please help me." We were able to run to the street, and flag down the taxi, we were also able to help him walk to the car, and wish him well on his way. Leaving this situation really made me reflect on the importance of following the spirit. It was such a subtle prompting, it wasn't even the man we were looking for, YET Heavenly Father knew that one of his children was in need, and he really needed us to help. It was such a tender mercy to help out a brother who we will most likely never see again, but to help him on his way. I am sure to him it was a tender mercy that in his time of need, two representatives of Jesus Christ show up at his door. Tender Mercies of the Lord.

We haven't been able to meet with Andre and Carla for 3 weeks, they postponed lessons, and FINALLY yesterday we had a lesson with them. We followed up on how their fasting went from when we all fasted together and he said, "I don't even know why I fasted, I already know that the church is true." WHAT!!!!!!!!! Seriously He was ANTI Mormon his WHOLE life, he is 28, and within the month of taking the discussions, feeling the spirit, he knows it's true. He told us, "I want to dive into the waters of baptism, I know that it will be a leap of faith, but it's the right path for me." WOW, seriously we sat there in awe, we have seen someone completely change. The first time we met him he told us that he knows that we worship and pray to Joseph Smith, we asked him why he though that and then he said, "Everyone told me".. We quickly told him that is all FALSE, and through asking US who are representatives of the church, and not his friends, and not the internet, he was able to find truth. He is amazing, I love them so much. He got a little shocked when we told him that church is 3 hours, hahah you should have seen his face, luckily he knows that it's a test of his faith, and he is a man of great faith. If I served here in Red Hill to help or meet no one else, seeing him change has changed me. He has helped me to see that ANYONE can change, but to know truth, you must go to the source of all truth, Heavenly Father. I do know that the church is true, it scares me to death to come back to reality and to have so much opposition, but I just hope that others will respect what I know and testify to be true, and I continue to love and respect them as well. As I read Elder Renlunds talk from conference he shared how Christ LOVES sinners, he loves everyone, and that is our duty too. We must love everyone, and in turn, we should expect that they too will love us, and respect our beliefs. Teaching him makes ALL of the struggles we go through as a missionary SO worth it. 

Arohanui,
Sister Maddie DeLoach 

p.s. we got a new couch in our flat, and it came from the CELESTIAL ROOM IN THE TEMPLE. WE call it our celestial couch, it's amazing the spirit it brought into our flat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment