Monday, September 11, 2017

Why (friends)

Another amazing week, I wanted to share with each of you WHY I chose to stay on my mission. 
WHY I CHOSE TO STAY?
Why I came and why I chose to stay truly are separate. I chose to stay because I love my Savior Jesus Christ, I chose to stay because I have felt His redeeming power, mercy, long-suffering and HIS forgiveness. I chose to stay because I know by giving him my everything he can make me a better me than I can ever make of myself. I chose to stay because I can do hard things, I have been given much so I too must give. I stayed because I have truly felt that this is something I agreed to and promised to do before this life. I know this place, and these people, they are all familiar. I chose to stay because nothing can compare to seeing another person change who believed that they could never change. I stayed because I have seen the hand of the Lord in my life, and I truly have been led to those whom he has prepared. Sometimes it was really hard to stay, sometimes I wanted to be on the next flight home, or even swim home.... BUT I chose to stay because in those moments, I felt the Saviors arms come around me and comfort me. I learned to endure beyond comprehension. I learned to love everyone, and to see them as Christ see's them. I learned that everyone is struggling with something, kindness truly goes a long way. I chose to stay because I have seen anti-mormons, become those who bare the strongest testimonies, I chose to stay because when other are in need, I know that I have a message that will help. I chose to stay because I understand now that it was all part of His greater plan. I chose to stay because the gospel is true, and I want others to be with their families forever. I call upon my ancestors from the other side, and they help me when in need, and I chose to stay so that others could experience that too. In short, I came because I was prompted, but I stayed because the truth is etched into every fiber of my being, and I love my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. He lives, and this is truly His gospel, I chose to stay, BECAUSE OF HIM. 

Truly grateful and in awe of the many beautiful things I have seen here in NZ, what a beautiful miracle to know that someone else is in charge of my life. I love you each so much, I am not sure if I will have time next week or not, but if not I hope you know that my mission changed me. The number one lesson I learned is consecration, and obedience to the small things. I know when we are exact, and when we are willing to make sacrifices, that we are blessed beyond measure. "What appears today to be a sacrifice will prove instead to be the greatest investment that you will ever make." -Gordon B. Hinckley 

Arohanui,

No comments:

Post a Comment