Monday, June 12, 2017

Hi Fam 6-11-17

This week was FULL on!! 2 exchanges back to back. Transfers are this week, so I guess we will see where I will serve my last 12 weeks either here in Red Hill or back in the VC, any calls?? Heaps happened this week, and it really seemed to be all good. Many keep asking what the first thing I will do when I get home is, and I assure you after loving on all of you that SISTER DELOACH NEEDS A NAP!! hahah I am excited to sleep;) 

The first exchange I went into Papakura 1st area with Sister Newton, and we had an amazing time, she is from Dunedin, NZ. She told me that there was a referral that they have tried 5 times to contact, and she was "never home", so they dropped her, but she really felt like we needed to try again. We decided to follow that prompting, and we went to the house and her daughter said, "Mum is staying at Model Lodge in room 1, go visit there." We were pretty sure the daughter was lying, but why not try it anyways.. haha we walked to this dodgy motel, and knocked on room 1, this lady opened the door barely, and said hold on, she then shut the door, took a second and opened it, and said, "Come in sisters". We were shocked that she knew who we were and that she invited us in. It turns out that her sister is a member in the Auckland mission area and that she has been going with her sister. She told us the reason why she is at a motel is because her neighbors are in the black power gang, and they hid their guns in her backyard and she turned them in, but now she is the target that they are after. She told us with a smile on her face that they had literally stolen every LAST thing out of her house, they kicked her door in, even took her very last utensil, YET she had a smile on her face as she explained the new person she had become as she started learning more about Jesus Christ. She told us of her desire to be baptized, and to truly live a higher and better life. She was so kind, she taught me to appreciate all that I have, really she has nothing, but a testimony of Jesus Christ. She was a beautiful woman. 

We met a lady who said, "My husband told me mormons aren't Christian" We assured her that we are, and that we would love to come back and share a message with all of them. She invited us back and right before our lesson we received an email from her husband saying we are not welcomed there and not to come. The next day we felt prompted to see her again, and went when we knew he would be at work, as we talked with her at the door she kept apologizing for what he had said, and right then he walked up, he must have got off work early... Rather than being rude, he said, "Come in", he then grabbed his bible.. We were like uh oh this guys going to try and bible bash. We decided that we would listen with love to what he said, and to bare our testimony. We did exactly that, we listened with love, and HONESTLY it was amazing that truly everything he said we already believe and know to be true, we then were able to bare testimony to him that the message we share can only HELP him to learn more, that it will never take away from the knowledge he already has, it was amazing to me at the end of the lesson that because we listened with love and didn't try arguing that the spirit was there, it soooo easily could have gone the other way. The funniest thing is the Grandpa at the end was like "Thank you for being missionaries, thank you for loving Jesus"... he then proceeded to try and kiss our cheeks, we probably looked so awkward.. hahahahahha 

Karipwa and Teera didn't come to church on Sunday, and we were quite sad. We decided to go visit someone after church, and it just didnt' feel right, we felt to go and see Karipwa. We drove to his home and out on his porch he sat with about 20+ beer cans around him and smokes in his hand, he was holding his head and he looked so sad. He then told us, "Sisters, I am trying so hard to change, but I feel the harder I try, the more temptation comes." It was amazing to us that Heavenly Father led us to him, knowing the he needed help. He then told us how he was sure Heavenly Father didn't love him anymore, and we sat there and testified from the bottom of our hearts to this completely drunk man, that Heavenly Father did indeed love him, and that we were guided to help him this day. The thought that came to Sister Ticong and I was to read Alma 42:1&29

1 And now, my son[Karipwa], I perceive there is somewhat more which doth worry your mind, which ye cannot understand..

29 And now, my son[Karipwa], I desire that ye should let these things trouble you no more, and only let your sins trouble you, with that trouble which shall bring you down unto repentance.

As he read these words aloud the spirit testified to each of us that indeed the Lord does love him, that this is EXACTLY where we needed to be, and we were all sinners, though we sin differently to him I am no better than Karipwa, and to him, we are all equal. It was such a privilege, I truly felt like I was talking to my brother. 

I really love you each so much, I love the scriptures too, I have loved making them come alive for me, and during studies one day this week when I was just feeling a little off, Sister Ticong said, "Sister DeLoach, during my studies, Heavenly Father led me to this scripture, and I know I need to give it to you, in her cute handwritting I read out loud:
Alma 38:3-4

3 I say unto you,[my daughter, Sister DeLoach], that I have had great joy in thee already, because of thy faithfulness and thy diligence, and thy patience and thy long-suffering among the people of [your assigned area].

4 For I know that thou wast in bonds; yea, and I also know that thou wast stoned for the word’s sake; and thou didst bear all these things with patience because the Lord was with thee; and now thou knowest that the Lord did deliver thee.

What a tender mercy for me, that he really is aware of me, and I feel that every single day through small and simple things that others do for me, I too know that we can be that answer for others, and I hope we will strive to uplift all that we see. I am so grateful to have a family like you, and I love you each so much. Have a great week, SLY!!!

Arohanui,
Sister Maddie DeLoach 

















No comments:

Post a Comment